DHM Design was founded in 1975 in Denver, Colorado and we have since grown to 4 offices including Carbondale, Durango, and Bozeman, Montana.
Our experience has grown and spread with our projects through the Rocky Mountain and Great Basin regions. From Montana to Mexico, from the Giant Sequoias to the Badlands, we work in the diverse ecosystems and cultural landscapes of the west : small mountain towns, big cities, national parks, ranches, deserts, river valleys, and mountain tops.
2018 Internship Program
DHM Design will select four (4) Landscape Architecture students for 2017 summer internship positions. Both undergrad and graduate students are welcome to apply.
The internship program will begin with a one-week design charrette at DHM’s office in Bozeman, Montana. The interns, along with DHM staff, will collaborate across offices on a core project. More details on this project will be provided, so please check back. The students, DHM staff and guest experts will combine their design sense in an effort to provide a both visionary and contextual landscape project.
Each student will then transfer to one of our four offices where he/she will assist DHM staff in a wide range of ongoing projects. Once at an office, each intern will gain valuable professional experience working a typical (paid) forty hour work week. Throughout the summer, when not assisting on the office’s projects, the student team will develop the charrette’s design/ products further and illustrate the team’s vision. This effort will culminate in a booklet to be used by DHM and students.
How to Apply
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2017 Internship Program. To apply, please submit the following:
- A Letter of Interest describing your goals for both your internship and career as a landscape architect.
- A Current Resume including year in school, degree, and program.
- 3-4 Examples of your landscape architecture work including your best hand graphics : include plans, sketches, sections etc. that best demonstrate your skills.
- One Letter of Recommendation from a professor or others familiar with your professional training : include name, title, phone number, and email address.
- Please identify your first and second office location preference.
Please submit your information digitally to email@example.com. PDF files are preferred. 10mb maximum file size. Please no phone calls. The Application Deadline is March 10th @ midnight MST. We will review and respond back to all applicants by March 28th, 2017.
The Company is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
DHM Design is a national landscape architecture firm with a position open in our Carbondale location. The position involves a combination of receptionist duties, and office administration. Day to day responsibilities includes working with Carbondale staff of fourteen. Must be well organized and computer literate in Microsoft Office. Interest in graphic design and use of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and InDesign is a plus.
Part-time position, minimum of 24 hours per week. Regular hours would be set within regular office of hours of 8am-5pm Monday through Friday. Pay rate and benefits dependent upon on hourly status and skill level. Please submit the following: Single PDF under 10 MB with cover letter, & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify job title in the subject line. No phone calls please.
- General admin support services as needed – typing, mailing/shipping, scanning filing and other clerical work, proofreading, scheduling
- Microsoft office Word, Excel tasks for project support
- Deltek Vision and Outlook data entry, data management
- Kitchen / Dishwasher
- Answering and directing phone calls
- Stocking and maintaining office supplies
- Monthly expense reports
- Project support, marketing materials preparation
- Staff travel arrangements
- Arranging food services for meetings/workshops/conferences
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Detail oriented, demonstrates organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Collaborative team mentality, positive attitude
- Creativity, interest in design