DHM Design was founded in 1975 in Denver, Colorado and we have since grown to 4 offices including Carbondale, Durango, and Bozeman, Montana.
Our experience has grown and spread with our projects through the Rocky Mountain and Great Basin regions. From Montana to Mexico, from the Giant Sequoias to the Badlands, we work in the diverse ecosystems and cultural landscapes of the west : small mountain towns, big cities, national parks, ranches, deserts, river valleys, and mountain tops.
2018 Internship Program
DHM Design will select four (4) Landscape Architecture students for 2017 summer internship positions. Both undergrad and graduate students are welcome to apply.
The internship program will begin with a one-week design charrette at DHM’s office in Bozeman, Montana. The interns, along with DHM staff, will collaborate across offices on a core project. More details on this project will be provided, so please check back. The students, DHM staff and guest experts will combine their design sense in an effort to provide a both visionary and contextual landscape project.
Each student will then transfer to one of our four offices where he/she will assist DHM staff in a wide range of ongoing projects. Once at an office, each intern will gain valuable professional experience working a typical (paid) forty hour work week. Throughout the summer, when not assisting on the office’s projects, the student team will develop the charrette’s design/ products further and illustrate the team’s vision. This effort will culminate in a booklet to be used by DHM and students.
How to Apply
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2017 Internship Program. To apply, please submit the following:
- A Letter of Interest describing your goals for both your internship and career as a landscape architect.
- A Current Resume including year in school, degree, and program.
- 3-4 Examples of your landscape architecture work including your best hand graphics : include plans, sketches, sections etc. that best demonstrate your skills.
- One Letter of Recommendation from a professor or others familiar with your professional training : include name, title, phone number, and email address.
- Please identify your first and second office location preference.
Please submit your information digitally to email@example.com. PDF files are preferred. 10mb maximum file size. Please no phone calls. The Application Deadline is March 10th @ midnight MST. We will review and respond back to all applicants by March 28th, 2017.
Please submit the following: Single PDF under 10 MB with cover letter, resume & work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and note the position you are seeking in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The Company is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
PDF with more details coming soon.
We are searching for well-rounded entry level landscape architects for a supporting role on all aspects of project design process from conceptual design through technical construction detailing.
- A Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
- 0-3 years of experience
- Evidence of commitment to design excellence
- Ability to communicate with appropriate graphic skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe CS (Photoshop, InDesign Illustrator), 3D modeling, and hand drawing
- Ability to work collaboratively in a close team environment
- Knowledge of landscape and hardscape materials, applications and construction
- Strong design and organizational skills
- A passion for creativity
- Enthusiasm for the profession with an ability to work independently